Thursday, December 30, 2010
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
1st place 546 Atlanta
2nd place 477 Atlanta
3rd place 562 Fuller
Honorable mention: 391 Hull
Prizes will be announced and awarded soon, as well as the full list of generous sponsers of the prizes.
Thanks and congratulations to the whole neighborhood.
Happy New Year
Saturday, December 18, 2010
They web site also has information the solar eclipse in January.
More information about the lunar eclipse can be reviewed on Wikipedia.
Friday, December 17, 2010
Supervisor Ken Yeager's end-of-year report updating constituents on his twelve 2010 initiatives is available online. A message from Ken:
As I end my year as Board President, I want to take a moment to reflect on the goals I set for the year. In my State of the County address in January, I proposed 12 initiatives to promote a healthy economy, a healthy environment, and healthy bodies. As we wrap up 2010, progress has been made on each of these goals. Most have been accomplished while some will be achieved in the early part of 2011. Overall, each are part of building a better future for Santa Clara County.
As always, I encourage you to contact my office if you have any concerns or are interested in additional information. You can reach me at 299-5040 or via e-mail at Supervisor.Yeager@bos.sccgov.org.
Perhaps the warm lights will balance out the rain we are expecting today!
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
If you'd like, please go green and bring your favorite mug. Kim and Sandy will fill it right up with the beverage of your choice!
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
More photos are available on Facebook. You do not have to be a member of Facebook to view the photos.
Monday, December 06, 2010
The North Willow Glen Holiday Decorating Contest is on! Last year's winner was 426 Coe, pictured here. If you think you can beat this, go for it!
Here’s how to participate:
1. Have your house decorated by Sunday, December 12.
2. Bring your ballot (dropped at your house in the last few days) to Kim and Sandy’s house at 476 Atlanta on Dec. 12 between 5:30 and 8:00 p.m. to start your voting with hot chocolate and cookies in hand.
3. Fill out your ballot and drop it off back at 476 Atlanta by 8:00 p.m. Friday Dec. 17.
Friday, December 03, 2010
Below is a list of the streets that will need flier distribution. If you can help in the distribution please email email@example.com or call 408-893-6684.
1) Fuller Avenue – Between Gregory and Bird (~26 lots)
2) Fuller Avenue – Between Bird and Delmas (~34 lots)
3) Fuller Avenue – Between Delmas and Prevost (~18 lots)
4) Bird Avenue – Between the bridge and Coe (~30 lots)
5) Bird Avenue – Between Coe and Willow (~20 lots)
6) Atlanta Avenue – Between Delmas and Prevost (~11 lots)
7) Hull Avenue – Between Bird and Delmas (~47 lots)
8) Atlanta Avenue – Between Bird and Delmas (~56 lots)
9) Hull Avenue – Between Delmas and Prevost (~25 lots)
10) Coe Avenue (~50 lots)
11) Fisk & Willis Avenues (~18 lots)
12) Marshall Avenue (~26 lots)
13) Brooks Avenue (~26 lots)
14) Willow Avenue (~18 lots)
15) Prevost Avenue (~26 lots)
16) Spencer Avenue (~42 lots)
17) Delmas Avenue – Between Atlanta and Fuller (~22 lots)
18) Delmas Avenue – Between Willow and Atlanta (~49 lots)
19) Gregory Plaza area from Bird between West Virginia and Fuller and back to 280
Wednesday, December 01, 2010
It is very likely that Walgreen's will appeal to the full San Jose City Council. If/when that happens, community input will again be needed to give input to the full council. Stay tuned.
Walgreen's did not listen to the unanimous community disapproval at the October Community Meeting of their plan to sell alcohol at the Bird and Willow Walgreens and decided to move it forward to a vote of the Planning Commission this Wednesday. Walgreens lawyers did this in spite of a report from the Planning Director recommending they deny the permit. I talked to the Community Coordinator for Walgreens and he indicated that even if they loose the Planning Commission vote they may appeal the decision to the full City Council. I reiterated the position of the Greater Gardner SNI NAC that there were already too many alcohol outlets in the neighborhood and that when Walgreens sold it in the past they had theft and gang problems related to the alcohol which improved when they stopped selling alcohol. I also stressed that they had problems with people using the Railroad tracks to have "Parties" which diminished once they stopped selling Alcohol and that given this is to become the Three Creeks Trail adding alcohol back would be detrimental to the trail atmosphere.
I am calling for a large number of community members to come to the Planning Commission Meeting to both remind the Planning Commission that the North Willow Glen Area Community does not need another alcohol outlet and to impress on the Walgreens Lawyers that they should not appeal the Decision to the City Council in the face of the Community Opposition. Even if you don't wish to speak to the Planning Commssion in Opposition We will have some way to let them see how many folks in the audience are opposed to granting the permit.
The Planning Commission Meeting is this Wednesday December 1 at 6:30 p.m. at the City Council Chambers, First Floor, City Hall Wing, 200 East Santa Clara Street (4th and Santa Clara).
The following is a link to the Planning Commission Agenda:
The following is a link to the Staff report recommending denial of the permit:
I hope to see many of you at the Planning Commission on Wednesday to let Walgreens know they should listen to the Community's concerns about alcohol sales at this Walgreensand keep alcohol sales off the Three Creeks Trail.