Books For Treats will be located in front of the Garden Theater (1165 Lincoln Ave).
PLEASE NOTE NEW TIMES AND SESSIONS:
Session #1: Toddlers, Preschoolers, & Kids in Strollers:
Session #2: School-Aged Kids in Costume
Read more about this annual fun event.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
If you are interested in having a tree in your yard, and do not already have one for this purpose, please read below for more details.
- Orders need to be received by Friday, November 2, 2012.
- Rebar available if requested. This is used for anchoring the tree in your yard.
- We are expecting delivery of the trees to the neighborhood Sunday, December 2nd.
- You will have to set up the tree on your own.
- You are responsible for putting on your own lights. A very old tradition is to use the large colored lights and to put one white light at the top of the tree.
- Trees will be available for pick up at the Shukait’s house (1023 Bird Ave) on Sun., Dec. 2nd between 10:00am and 5:00pm.
Fliers are being delivered to your door, but you can also download the order form and deliver it with a check made payable to: Pam Shukait or send via PayPal to email@example.com. (Trees will be from Enchanted Forest Christmas Trees.)
Call Pam with any questions: 408-297-4388.
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Barnes & Noble is reporting that thieves tampered with in-store PIN pads at 63 of its stores and may have had their credit or debit card information stolen. The nearby Stevens Creek Boulevard store is included in the list of affected locations.
From the B&N press release:
As a precaution, customers and employees who have swiped their cards at any of the Barnes & Noble stores with affected PIN pads should take the following steps:
Debit Card Users:
- Change the PIN numbers on their debit cards
- Review their accounts for unauthorized transactions
- Notify their banks immediately if they discover any unauthorized purchases or withdrawals
Credit Card Users:
- Review their statements for any unauthorized transactions
- Notify their card-issuing banks if they discover any unauthorized purchases or cash advances
For additional information and updates, visit the Barnes & Noble website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com. Customers may also call 1-888-471-7809, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, with questions.
Saturday, October 20, 2012
- Air Resources Board works to ease gas prices
- County strives to make voting more convenient
- Hospitals around the nation follow VMC's lead
- County to phase out Styrofoam in government operations
- HIV planning council seeks volunteers
- Tax preparation program for families in need seeks volunteers
- Emergency Medical Services strategic planning meetings
- Calendar of Events
Friday, October 19, 2012
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Sunday, October 14, 2012
From the CPUC web site:
Residents and businesses with telephone numbers within the 408 area code will retain their current telephone number(s) and area code. Consumers requesting new or additional telephone numbers (or telecommunications services) may be assigned telephone numbers with either the new 669 area code or the original 408 area code, depending on available telephone number inventory. Consumers will still be able to dial three digits to reach 911, 211, 311, 411, 511, 611, 711 and 811.
Be sure to notify alarm providers, reprogram speed dials and call forwarding, and update any promotional materials with your phone number to include the area code.