Tuesday, August 02, 2016

This is who volunteers in North Willow Glen, Part 7

Another in our occasional series about who volunteers in North Willow Glen.


Sheila Hunter

Year you moved into the neighborhood: 2010
What drew you to North Willow Glen: I had a friend who used to live in the neighborhood and I liked the walkability and neighborliness of North Willow Glen
What you love about our neighborhood: Fuller Park and Hummingbird Park provide multiple spots for meeting neighbors and letting pets and kids roam

What you do to help out in North Willow Glen and why it’s important to you: I have been the treasurer for the North Willow Glen Neighborhood Association. As a member of the board, I learned about how various neighbors advocate for our neighborhood, lead special clean-up efforts, improve our communication, and host special events. I am so grateful for my neighbors' good work; I've been happy to help by writing checks and filling out forms. It is a small way to give back to help build up this special neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment